It is no surprise that the fashion for private plunge pools has developed into a desire for skinny-dipping. Here are seven of the best, suggested by CNN's travel site:
- Phuket Pavilions, Thailand: 'No tan lines, no interruptions' is the slogan at these villas, each with a private infinity pool overlooking the Andaman Sea.
- River House, Sri Lanka: Your plunge pool has views of the sun rising over the palms at this antique-strewn resort on the Madhu River.
- Banyan Tree Lijiang, China: The Jade Dragon Snow Mountain is your only witness inside the tiled walls surrounding your heated plunge pool.
- Four Seasons Resort Bali, Sayan: You can hear the occasional rafter shouting on the Sacred Ayung River, but they can't see you. Jungle surrounds your plunge pool and outdoor shower.
- Trisara, Phuket, Thailand: After a dip in your 10-metre long infinity pool, keep the romantic mood alive with luscious mangoes and lavish chocolates that appear daily in your room.
- Taj Exotica, Maldives: The Indian Ocean is your plunge pool at the end of your private jetty in the Alepa Suite. Furnished with seaside sun beds complete with spa therapists to swathe you in Maldivian herbal mud, the jetty is exposed to the sun and no one else.
- Soneva Gili, Maldives: The Robinson Crusoe Residences are a castaway's fantasy built over the ocean. Your closest neighbour is hundreds of metres away, so why not snorkel naked from your door?