So the holiday is over, and you're back at work. Here's how to cope, according to News.com.au:
- Introduce a beautiful custom you picked up overseas to your life back home. Just not the siesta.
- Do something at home you would do abroad. Hiking? Canyoning? Kite-boarding? You don't have to be overseas to do those things.
- Take the reverse tack, and watch what tourists do when they come to your hometown. You could do the same.
- Keep the memories alive by making a Facebook album, a paper-and-sticky-dot hard-copy album, or even a slide night! You'll extend the holiday, and create memories to re-live in years to come.
- If you had en epiphany on holiday about how to live better, don't dismiss it as holiday fancy. Think seriously about how you can realise that insight in your real, humdrum, quotidian existence back home.
Of course, one of the best ways to cure back-at-work blues is to have something to look forward to - a.k.a. your next holiday!