Travelling the world is fantastic, but it can have its uncomfortable moments too.
These handy tips will help you to remain comfortable throughout your trip:
- Always carry some toilet paper with you because it is not always available when abroad.
- Always determine the cost of a taxi before you begin to travel to avoid getting ripped off.
- Always change your money at a local bank. Airports and tourist areas will do all they can to rip you off with a ridiculous exchange rate.
- Always watch out for pickpockets, because no matter what you think, you will not feel a thing.
- Always find out if the water is ok to drink before you leave. Chlorine tablets are also great to have on hand for purification.
- Always avoid street sellers because they will hound you to the point of irritation and may be distracting you whilst someone steals your wallet.
- Always learn the language basics like ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ before you travel. Being polite costs you nothing.
- Always look for free attractions like museums because these will save you a great deal of money and can be wonderful to experience.