A holiday should be a time for relaxation and enjoyment, but it can become very stressful if you are disorganised and unprepared.
Here are the top travel mistakes that could ruin your holiday:
- Failing to book enough time for airport transfers is a common mistake because people want to reduce travel time. Missing your connecting flight or losing your luggage because of a shortage of time will certainly ruin your holiday.
- Failing to apply for your passport renewal or visa on time can leave you grounded and unable to travel at all.
- Booking a cheaper hotel that is a long way from the city centre can cost you a fortune in taxi fares. Be sure to calculate the distance and read the reviews of the hotel.
- Trying to do too much in one trip can leave you stressed and exhausted. Prioritise what you want to do and enjoy each aspect of it.
- Forcing yourself to do what you ‘should’ do will ruin your holiday. Sitting in a café in Paris is a perfectly acceptable way to spend your holiday if you want to.
- Sticking to the high-density tourist areas can also mean you miss out on the best bits of a country. The best way to experience a destination is to get off the beaten track.