We are aware that an unfortunate event has occurred during Bastille Day celebrations in Nice, France with a large motor vehicle colliding with a crowd of people. We would first like to extend our deepest sympathy to all those affected by this tragic event.
If you are currently travelling:
- If you have been injured as a result of this event in Nice, we can provide help for those travelling under one of our travel policies. If you need medical advice or emergency medical assistance please contact our 24-hour Emergency Assistance team on +61 7 3305 7499 reverse charge.
- If you are looking to change your travel arrangements we recommend you contact your travel agent or travel provider regarding the best option in altering your trip. Some travel providers may provide penalty free options to amend travel arrangements and we recommend you contact them for further details.
- Please make yourself aware of the advice issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) via its website www.smarttraveller.gov.au. DFAT is urging Australians to pay close attention to your personal security at all times. Monitor the media and other sources about possible new security risks.
- For details about what your policy covers, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement. Limits, conditions and exclusions may apply under your policy
- We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance. Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.
- To help Australians avoid difficulties overseas, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) maintains travel advisories for more than 160 destinations overseas via its website www.smarttraveller.gov.au. DFAT’s travel advice provides accurate, up-to-date information about the risks Australians might face overseas, assisting you to make well-informed decisions about whether, when and where to travel. We recommend that you stay up-to-date with its destination specific travel advisories for the country of your destination as your travel insurance cover may be affected if you travel to high risk areas or situations.