In Australia, an amazing holiday can be found closer than many think.
Australia is a large and diverse country with a wide range of sights and experiences to offer. From an endless coastline to seaside resorts, misty mountain retreats, expansive national parks, snow fields and wine growing regions, there’s so much to see here.
Whether you plan to travel to see the Blue Mountains, get a taste of Tasmania, or dive at the Great Barrier Reef in far-north Queensland, you should make sure you have domestic travel insurance to provide protection for you and your family during your holiday Down Under.
Who should get Domestic Plus travel insurance?
Fast Cover can provide cover for you and your family to travel anywhere within Australia, whether you're travelling for one day or up to 12 months.
A Domestic Plus travel insurance policy is ideal for:
- Families taking an interstate road trip to visit family or friends
- Couples on a romantic weekend getaway
- Backpackers working their way around the country
- Students on a mid-semester island escape to Fraser Island or the Whitsundays
- Business travellers flying interstate for a conference or work commitments
- Retired couples taking a bus tour or river cruise
- Adventurers going four-wheel-driving and camping in remote locations
- Divers heading out to the Great Barrier Reef of Ningaloo Reef
- Visitors to Norfolk Island, Thursday Island or Christmas Island
There’s also no age limit for our Domestic Plus travel insurance policies, so get your free quote online today or talk to us if you need help finding insurance that suits you.
What does Domestic Plus travel insurance include?
As you’ll be travelling within Australia, your health expenses are already covered by Medicare and/or your private health insurance.
However, there are still things that can go wrong other than injuries or sickness, and it’s better to be prepared for any unexpected situations which could turn a dream holiday Down Under into a nightmare.
Our Domestic Plus policy comes with a wide range of benefits so you can embrace the opportunities that are available to you when travelling around Australia including skiing, hiking, diving and driving!
It has all the inclusions we think you might need, such as:
- Cover for cancellation of your holiday due to an unexpected illness or injury
- Expenses incurred if your travel companion is sick or injured
- Expenses incurred if your trip is delayed or you miss a connecting flight
- Cover for skiing and snowboarding
- Cover for the loss, theft or accidental damage of luggage and personal items
- Cover for the Rental Vehicle Excess if you're hiring a car or campervan
- Personal liability insurance
- Accidental death insurance
The Domestic Plus policy can also be further tailored to suit your trip with optional add-ons like the Adventure Pack and High Value Item cover.
See the table below for more information about what's included under each benefit: