Travel Insurance for a family
Family travel insurance can help assist you in an emergency and protect your family against unexpected events and financial losses.
Whether you’re taking the whole family on an adventure holiday to Bali, relaxing on a cruise around the Pacific Islands, touring cultural icons in Europe, or hitting the ski slopes in Canada, travelling with your family is an opportunity to create lifelong memories.
Unfortunately, kids being kids, accidents and mishaps do happen!
If one of your kids falls ill or has an accident and needs to go to hospital, it's good to know you'll be covered for emergency medical and hospital expenses overseas. With a Comprehensive policy, you’ll also have cover for travel delays, missed connections, lost or stolen luggage, or if you unexpectedly have to cut your holiday short due to a family emergency or serious medical reason.
The best part about Fast Cover family travel insurance is that your dependant children and grandchildren under 21 are covered free under your policy!
Who can get Fast Cover family travel insurance?
Families going on all different types of holidays can purchase a family travel insurance policy with Fast Cover.
We understand that not every family fits the stereotypical 'nuclear family' mould, so our family travel insurance caters for:
- Single parent families
- Foster families
- Step families
- Legal guardians
- Families with same sex parents
- Families including up to 10 dependent children
- One or more grandparents travelling with their grandchild or grandchildren
If you're taking your friend's child along with you on your family holiday, unfortunately we can’t cover them for free under your family policy. However, we can arrange a great value single policy for them at a discount price so they're still covered to travel with your family.
Why buy a family travel insurance policy?
Whether you’re planning an exotic trip with the kids to introduce them to new cuisines, experiences and cultures, or visiting Disneyland for the ultimate family adventure, having the right travel cover in place is very important.
Your Medicare or Australian private health insurance may not cover you or your family once you leave the country, and without travel insurance your holiday can suddenly become very expensive.
An overnight hospital stay on a family cruise ship could set you back up to $5,000 AUD per night, and the Australian Government's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade reports that a medical evacuation in the United States can range anywhere between $75,000 to as much as $300,000 AUD!
What cover does family travel insurance include?
From planning the right excursions to finding good places to stay and eat, there’s a lot to consider. Worrying about health expenses shouldn’t be part of that list.
Heading overseas with your kids can be both stressful and costly enough as it is, which is why dependants under the age of 21 travel free of additional charge on a Fast Cover family policy.
Family travel insurance gives you peace of mind to focus on simply enjoying the trip and making sure everyone has a great experience and creates lifetime memories.
In the event of unexpected complications or overseas emergencies, the many benefits of a family policy include:
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses
- Unexpectedly having to cut your holiday short due to a medical reason or family emergency
- Loss or damage to your luggage or belongings such as bags, tablets, laptops, mobiles, cameras, etc.
- Trip cancellation due to an unexpected illness or injury before your departure
- Loss of travel documents, passports, credit cards and travellers cheques
- Loss of income if you're unable to work due to an injury or illness after you return home
- Personal liability insurance
- Permanent disability insurance
- Accidental death insurance
To make sure you have an enjoyable trip with your kids, travel with confidence, and peace of mind, you may wish to consider Comprehensive travel insurance which includes the most benefits and has the highest dollar value available for each benefit.
Compare the different benefits and limits in the table below to see which level of cover suits your trip:
Why choose Fast Cover for your family holiday travel insurance?
Fast Cover has a wide range of flexible travel insurance options to make sure you have the right cover for you and your family.
Some of the key benefits included in our Family policies include:
- Dependants under the age of 21 who are not in full time employment are covered free of additional charge on a Single or Family policy.
- We don't require you to fill in an individual medical assessment for each travelling family member.
- We automatically cover 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions including asthma and allergies related to eczema and food intolerances.
- We automatically cover a huge list of different sports and activities kids love such as snorkelling, go-karting, aqua zorbing and indoor rock climbing!
- Cover for additional activities is available for thrill-seeking families with our Adventure Pack add-on.
- Our Emergency Assistance team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to assist you.
|Fiona's Family Medical Emergency
Fiona and her family were enjoying an African safari holiday when one of her children started complaining of sharp pains in their side. They visited a local hospital where a doctor determined the child had appendicitis and needed an appendectomy. Fortunately, their Fast Cover travel insurance policy covered the hospital and medical treatment costs which were over $3,000 AUD.
|Brian's Busted Baggage
Brian and his family flew home from San Francisco after a spectacular tour around Alaska, Canada and the USA. But when they collected their bags at the airport carousel, they were shocked to see how badly their luggage had been handled by US security. Two of the zips on their brand new suitcases were broken, and the expensive TSA locks were damaged or missing. Brian submitted an online claim, attaching receipts and photographs of the damage, and was promptly reimbursed for the cost of replacing the suitcases and locks.
|Such a good insurance company
After having insured with Fast Cover many times I find the policy is of excellent value, and so easy to set up online. I have recommended this company to many of my friends as I am extremely satisfied with how friendly and helpful they are.
Mim – Productreview.com.au
The policy was very well priced and options were available so I could tailor what I purchased to my needs. I set it up online, paid and had confirmation and printable paperwork in less than 15 minutes. On the occasion I needed to make a claim, this was dealt with quickly and satisfactorily by helpful telephone assistants. I continue to buy my travel insurance from Fast Cover.
Sandy – Productreview.com.au
|Good value for money
Customer service was prompt, friendly and easy to understand. Documentation was provided via email within minutes.
Carr – Productreview.com.au
~Traveller details have been changed to protect their privacy. Claims examples are from Fast Cover travel insurance customers from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2016.