Whether you’re taking your family to Bali, a holiday resort in Fiji, planning a trip to Europe, or going to Disneyland in the USA, travelling with your whole family is exciting, fun and creates lifelong memories. Unfortunately, kids being kids, accidents and mishaps can happen quickly and unexpectedly and in those cases it’s good to know that you’re covered.
Family Travel Insurance means you’re covered in case one of your kids or you get sick or have an accident and need to go to hospital. You’re also covered if some of your things go missing or you have to cut your holiday short due to a family emergency.*
The best bit about our Family Travel Insurance is dependants under 21 travel FREE of additional charge under your policy!
Who can get Family Travel Insurance?
Any family that is resident of Australia (including temporary residents of Australia on a 457 visa) going on holidays overseas or in Australia,
- Families with up to 10 dependent children under the age of 21 and not in full time employment
- Single parent families
- Grandparents travelling with their grandchild or grandchildren
- A grandparent travelling with their grandchild or grandchildren
- Families going on all different types of holidays – adventure, resorts, beach, camping, sightseeing, skiing etc
If your kid’s friends are travelling with your family, unfortunately we can’t cover them for free under your family policy. However, we can arrange a great value policy for them so they are covered when they travel with your family.
Why buy Family Travel Insurance?
Whether you’re planning a trip with kids to show them new countries, experiences, cultures or visiting Disneyland for the ultimate family adventure, having the right travel cover in place is very important. Your Medicare or Australian private health insurance may not cover you or your family once you leave the country and without travel insurance your holiday can suddenly become very expensive.
With Family Travel Insurance, cover is provided for many expenses including:
- Overseas medical expenses
- Needing to unexpectedly cut your holiday short to return home
- Loss or damage to your luggage or equipment such as bags, tablets, laptops, mobiles, cameras, etc.
- Trip cancellation
- Loss of travel documents
- Personal liability claims
What does this cover include?
Heading overseas with your kids can be stressful enough and costly which is why dependants under the age of 21 travel FREE of additional charge! From planning the right excursions to finding good places to stay and eat, there’s a lot to consider. Worrying about health expenses shouldn’t be part of that list. Family Travel Insurance gives you peace of mind to focus on simply enjoying the trip and making sure everyone has a great experience and creates lifetime memories.
In the event of unexpected complications or overseas emergencies, the many benefits of a family policy include:
- Unlimited* overseas medical emergency assistance
- Unlimited* hospital expense cover
- Cover for expenses should you or someone in your family unexpectedly get sick
- Cover of your luggage and personal effects should they be stolen or damaged
- Unlimited* cancellation fees and lost deposits cover
- Cover for your personal documents, credit cards and traveller’s cheques
- Personal liability cover in case of an accident involving someone else
To make sure you have an enjoyable trip with your kids, travel with confidence and peace of mind, you may wish to consider getting Comprehensive Travel Insurance for your whole family which will give you our highest level of cover.