Bali Travel Insurance
When travelling overseas it’s always important to choose the right travel insurance for your specific destination.
Whether you’re heading to Bali to scope out the great surf conditions, taking the family to see the macaques at the Ubud Monkey Temple, enjoying a romantic honeymoon (or babymoon) in a private beach villa, or sipping cocktails by the pool at a luxury beach resort, travel insurance is an essential accessory for all travellers.
You may wish to consider a policy that provides 24 hour Emergency Assistance as well as cover for the things that are most important to you such as:
- Overseas Emergency Medical and Hospital Expenses
- Cancellation Cover
- Theft, damage or loss of Luggage and Personal Effects
- Theft of Cash and Credit Cards
- Theft of Passports and Travel Documents
- Special Event Transport Expenses
- Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance
- Loss of Income Insurance
- Permanent Disability Insurance
- Personal Liability Insurance
- Accidental Death Insurance
Travel insurance for a Bali holiday
For a holiday in Bali with Fast Cover, select the Pacific Region which will provide you with cover for travel throughout Indonesia as well as the rest of the Pacific, New Zealand and Domestic regions.
Also consider the type of holiday you’re taking and what activities are on your itinerary to ensure your travel insurance policy will provide cover for all of the fun things you want to do.
Some of the most popular activities in Bali include:
- Swimming and snorkelling
- Exploring ancient historic sites and temples like Tanah Lot and Uluwatu
- Strolling around the beautiful Bali Botanic Gardens
- Touring and exploring scenic villages on a bicycle
- Taking the family to attractions like the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary or Waterbom Bali
- Hiking and trekking in the countryside
- Horse riding tours on the beach
- Riding a moped or motorcycle#
- Water sports like sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and scuba diving
- Adventure sports like jungle zip lining, tandem skydiving and quad biking#
Fast Cover offers great value travel insurance options to suit all travellers heading to Bali.
Benefits of Fast Cover Bali travel insurance
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance Helpline
- Overseas Emergency Medical and Hospital Expenses
- Cancellation Cover
- Optional Cover for moped, scooter or motorcycle riding
- Optional Cover for Adventure Sports and Activities
- Cover for Luggage and Personal Effects
- Automatic cover for 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Kids covered FREE when travelling with an insured adult
See the tables below for more benefits:
Top 10 tips for safe travel in Bali
- Check Smartraveller.gov.au to make sure the regions you wish to visit are not listed as ‘Reconsider your need to travel’ or ‘Do not travel’.
- Get a health check-up before you leave home and ask your doctor about vaccinations you may need for Indonesia. These may include DTP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis), Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid.
- Familiarise yourself with the local laws, culture and customs.
- Save the phone number and address of the Australian consulate or embassy nearest to your accommodation.
- Keep both printed and digital copies of all your travel documents handy.
- Register your Bali trip itinerary and contact details with Smartraveller, and download the app to receive instant travel alerts and warnings.
- Swim and surf safely. Not all beaches are patrolled and riptides and strong currents can catch even the strongest swimmers off guard.
- Avoid getting Bali Belly by sticking to bottled water and avoid ice cubes and foods which may have been rinsed in local tap water.
- Be careful on the roads. Bali is not the place to learn how to ride a scooter or moped, so stick to registered taxi services or public transport where possible.
- Don't touch the monkeys!
|Tony's Tummy Troubles
Tony was on holiday with friends and having a great time until he suddenly started experiencing “Bali Belly” symptoms, even though he had been very careful to drink only bottled water and eat well-cooked food. After a few miserable days stuck in his room, he decided to visit the local doctor for treatment and started to feel much better. After returning home, Tony used the online claim form to upload all the required documentation and received full reimbursement for his overseas medical treatment.
|Sophie's Stairway Slip
47-year-old Sophie from Adelaide was on a retreat in Bali when she fell down a flight of stairs in the dark. As well as some nasty cuts and bruises and a mild concussion, an x-ray at the local hospital revealed she had also sustained a fracture in her foot. The Fast Cover emergency assistance team managed Sophie's case, liaised with hospital staff to cover her medical expenses and organised her return home to Australia. Sophie's policy cost less than $50 and covered the total of her medical treatment and repatriation at over $23,000 AUD.
|Best and less!
My husband was bitten by a dog while on holiday in Bali, and one phone call solved all our questions and worries. Full support all the way and fast refund of expenses when we arrived home. I am recommending Fast Cover to all my friends.
Robo – Productreview.com.au
Fast Cover was recommended to me by a friend about one day prior to the commencement of my trip to Bali this year. I am so grateful I took her advice and took out a policy with Fast Cover. The second day of my trip to Bali my bag was stolen. Being phoneless and someone cashless, I managed to submit my claim with Fast Cover online using the online claim form. It was simple, fast and easy and I was able to continue to enjoy my two-week trip to Bali knowing my claim was being processed. I was given regular updates on the progress of my claim by Fast Cover and I received my claim amount within 10 days. I am so happy and was able to replace my phone, hassle free and didn't feel out of pocket from my experience. So happy with the service!!
Emilie – Productreview.com.au
|Over 80 policy cheapest than any other
My elderly mum broke her arm in Bali in 2013 and Fast Cover were fantastic in looking after her. Ambulance, surgery, hospital stay and finally business class to return home with both my sister and I accompanying her. Couldn't ask for any better service. All for $200 excess. Easy to contact from overseas and follow up was the icing on the cake. I don't use any other travel insurance now.
Jenny – Compare Travel Insurance
5 steps to buying Fast Cover travel insurance for Bali
- Select the Pacific Region and follow a few simple steps online for a FREE instant quote.
- Consider the benefits included in each policy.
- Select the level of cover that’s right for your trip to Bali.
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement.
- Consider the Financial Services Guide.
#Riding a moped, scooter or motorcyle is only covered if you have paid the additional premium for the Motorcycle Pack. Adventure activities are only covered by this policy if you have paid the additional premium for the Adventure Pack
~Traveller details have been changed to protect their privacy. Claims examples are from Fast Cover travel insurance customers from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2016.
^ For travellers aged 80 - 89, additional terms and conditions apply.
# Available with our Comprehensive policies only.
** No cover is provided for pregnancy, childbirth or related complications unless it is a single, uncomplicated pregnancy up to and including 23 weeks. In any event we will not pay medical expenses for regular antenatal care, childbirth at any gestation or care of the newborn child. Complications mean any secondary diagnosis occurring prior to, during the course of, concurrent with, or as a result of the pregnancy, which may adversely affect the pregnancy outcome.
+ Statistics based on 'Travel by Australians' quarterly report for June 2013, 'Tourism Industry Facts & Figures at a Glance' September 2012, Cruise Industry Source Market Report: Australia 2013 and Fast Cover Customers.
2 5% saving is based on the cost of a Duo policy versus the cost of two single policies. Excess reduction discount based on excess reduction cost under a Duo policy versus cost under two single policies. Duo policies do not provide cover for any dependent children.
3 Children or dependants under 21 years old and not in full time employment covered for free when travelling with an insured adult. Excludes Duo policies.
4 Price based on an 18 day Basics policy to Pacific region for Single traveller aged 50 years old or younger with $200 excess.
5 Additional terms and conditions, limits and excesses apply to travellers aged 80-89.
6 Must be accompanied by a professional instructor or guide.