Who can buy Couples Travel Insurance?
Couples Travel Insurance is designed to cover two adults who are travelling together. You can get Couples Travel Insurance for anywhere in the world for up to a year whether you’re:
- Partners (married, de facto, in a new relationship or same-sex relationship)
- Going on your honeymoon
- Backpacking together across the globe
- A couple travelling for work
- A couple seeking an adventurous holiday
- A couple going on a skiing or snowboarding holiday
And if you’re enjoying yourselves too much and decide to stay longer, just apply to extend your policy and enjoy!
Whether you’re planning a luxury getaway or to stretch every dollar while backpacking, we offer different levels of policies for you and your travelling partner.
What are the benefits of Couples Travel Insurance?
Great Value Cover
With Couples Travel Insurance, both of you are covered as if you were insured separately (excluding Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess) so each of you receive our Single benefit limits*.
Depending on which one of our great value policies you choose for your trip, we offer*:
- Unlimited Cancellation
- Unlimited Emergency Medical Assistance and Hospital Expenses cover
- Cover for your luggage and belongings if they’re lost, stolen or damaged
- Cover if your transport is delayed or you miss your connecting flight – we’ll pay the extra expenses you incur if you can’t get to your planned destination as planned.
- Flexible add on options to suit your type of trip
We make Couples Travel Insurance simple, there’s only one policy, meaning there’s only one policy number and one phone number to take with you when you travel.
You also save money when you buy insurance as a couple. All of our Couples Travel Insurance policies get a 5% discount and 50% off the excess reduction.6
Automatic Cover For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
To make it simple and fast, we eliminate the need for medical assessments by providing automatic cover for 44 pre-existing medical conditions.* See our Travel Insurance for Pre-Existing Medical Conditions page for more details.