Going on an overseas student exchange, taking a gap year break from study, or just enjoying a well-earned trip overseas during semester holidays?
Between sorting out your passport, visas, foreign currency, accommodation, bookings and flights, there's plenty to organise before you travel overseas!
While you’re working on your to-do list, be sure to add purchasing travel insurance to the list.
Who can get Fast Cover student travel insurance?
Fast Cover has a travel insurance policy to suit all different types of students:
- School students
- University students
- TAFE students
- School leavers
- Gap Year students
- Mature age students
- Work placement students
- Exchange students
Whether you study full-time or part-time, on campus or online, Fast Cover has a policy to fit all student travel types and budgets.
Why do you need student travel insurance?
No one plans to lose their luggage, miss a connecting flight, or get sick whilst travelling, but it does happen!
Wherever you plan to go and for however long, travel insurance provides 24 hour Emergency Assistance and cover for unexpected expenses if you do run into trouble overseas.
Many students don't realise that you're generally not covered by Medicare or private health insurance while you’re travelling overseas. This means that if something went wrong on your trip and you didn't already have travel insurance, you (or your family) would have to wear the costs!
If you don't think that sounds too bad, keep in mind that a hospital stay in the United States could set you back around $5,000 USD per night, and if you need to be medically evacuated you could expect to pay around $75,000 to $95,000 AUD.
DFAT reports they've also handled medical evacuations from Bali in which costs have exceeded $60,000.
What are the benefits of Fast Cover student travel insurance?
Fast Cover offers students affordable travel insurance options without compromising the quality of cover you receive.
You can tailor our policies to include cover for the things that are most important to you, like cover for emergency medical expenses and personal belongings, without blowing out your entire holiday budget.
Our student travel insurance can help to cover unexpected expenses such as:
- Emergency medical and hospital expenses if you get sick or injured overseas.
- Emergency medical evacuation if you need to be airlifted to hospital.
- Repatriation expenses to fly you home for treatment if required.
- Alternative transport expenses if your scheduled flight is delayed or cancelled.
- Loss or theft of personal items like bags, headphones, mobile phones, laptops, cameras, etc.
- Lost, damaged or stolen travel documents, cash and credit cards.
- Personal liability in case of an accident involving someone else.
- Unexpected cancellation costs if you have to cut your trip short for a medical reason.
Check out the benefit tables below for more information about our levels of cover: