Thousands of travellers get bitten by the travel bug each year, setting off with nothing but a backpack to explore all the world has to offer.
From the cultural chaos of Southeast Asia, to the countless cuisines and castles of Europe, and the natural wonders of South America, backpacking overseas can be a life-changing experience full of new friends, great food and endless adventures.
There's no limit to where you can go when you can carry everything you need in your backpack, just don't forget to pack travel insurance!
Who should get backpacker travel insurance?
Our backpackers travel insurance is simple and flexible and can provide cover for even the most adventurous travellers!
Whether you’re travelling the world for 12 months on a Gap Year holiday, hopping on a plane with no set return date, or planning multiple short trips overseas, Fast Cover can provide a policy to suit any traveller type and budget.
Backpacker travel insurance is ideal for:
- Working holiday-makers on the IEC Program
- Students or recent graduates taking a gap year break
- Backpackers hopping between different countries or continents
- Volunteers spending most of their trip in one destination
- Flashpackers travelling with expensive gadgets and gizmos
- Digital nomads working their way around the world
- Mature age backpackers ready to make the most of retirement
- Travellers setting off on long-distance treks like the Camino de Santiago
Why get backpacker travel insurance?
Travel insurance is an essential pre-travel purchase, no matter how tight your backpacking budget may be!
Not only does it provide you with access to a 24 hour Emergency Assistance team from anywhere in the world, but it can also cover unexpected expenses in a wide variety of situations.
This could be anything from winding up hospitalised with a bad case of Delhi Belly after eating dodgy street food, to having your brand new GoPro stolen, or even getting stranded at the airport due to a weather event like a volcanic ash cloud in Bali.
What type of backpacker travel insurance do I need?
Fast Cover offers two different types of travel insurance to suit backpackers, depending on the type and length of your trip:
1) Single Trip Travel Insurance
A single trip travel insurance policy can provide cover for one journey up to 12 months initially, with the option of extending the policy up to a maximum of 24 months if you're having too much fun and decide you want to keep travelling!