Adventure travel insurance is designed for thrillseeking travellers who want to test their limits with extreme sports and activities.
Some travellers dream of a relaxing vacation on a beach under the sun, marvelling at priceless art in museums, or visiting famous landmarks and historic sites. But for the more adventurous travellers, the best holidays are the ones that give you an incredible adrenaline rush!
Do you want to bungee jump, skydive or swing across a canyon? Trek to Everest base camp or hike the Kokoda Trail? Or perhaps explore the road less travelled on the back of a horse or a quad bike?
If that sounds more like you, we’d say you’re planning an adventure holiday!
Being adventurous doesn’t mean forgoing personal safety though, and even the most experienced adventurers can run into trouble overseas. It's important to make sure you purchase an adventure travel insurance policy that will cover all the exciting activities you want to do.
Fast Cover has your back when it comes to adventure travel insurance. You can head off feeling confident that you’re covered if something unexpected does happen.
What type of activities are you covered for?
Our adventure travel insurance can provide cover for your health, personal belongings and prepaid activities or tour bookings anywhere in the world.
We automatically cover a huge range of sports and activities on all of our policies and also have an Adventure Pack option to cover extra adrenaline pumping activities.
Some of the most popular adventure activities we can provide cover for include:
- Animal conservation and handling
- Bungee jumping
- Canyon swinging
- Cave or river tubing
- Deep sea fishing
- Dog sledding
- Expeditions to or on the Kokoda Track
- Flying fox or zip lining
- Hiking, trekking or tramping up to 6,000 metres
- Hot air ballooning
- Indoor and outdoor rock climbing
- Kite surfing and other water sports
- Martial arts
- Quad biking
- Safari tours
- Scuba diving (with an open water diving licence or licensed instructor)
- Shark cage diving
- Tandem parachuting, hang gliding and paragliding
- White water rafting
What snow sports are you covered for?
If you're planning on hitting the slopes, we also cover snow activities as well as your winter gear and equipment under our Snow Sports Plus plan.
- Recreational skiing and snowboarding
- Big foot skiing and snowboarding
- Cat skiing and snowboarding
- Cross-country skiing and snowboarding
- Glacier skiing and snowboarding
- Heli-skiing and snowboarding
- Ice hockey
- Ice skating
- Mono skiing
- Off-piste skiing or snowboarding
What are the benefits of adventure travel insurance?
Our policies automatically include 24 hour Emergency Assistance plus cover for Emergency Medical and Hospital Expenses.
When deciding on the level of cover you'll need for your trip, consider what’s most important to you and choose a policy that will cover:
- Cancellation Costs
- Luggage and Personal Belongings
- Gear and Equipment
- Travel Documents, Cash, Credit Cards & Travellers Cheques
- Travel Delay Expenses
- Alternative Travel Expenses
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess