New Zealand Travel Insurance
When travelling overseas it’s always important to choose the right travel insurance for your specific destination.
If you’re travelling to New Zealand, you should consider a policy that provides 24 hour emergency assistance as well as cover for what’s most important to you such as:
- Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Luggage & Personal Effects
- Theft of Cash
- Travel Documents, Credit Cards & Travellers Cheques
- Travel Delay Expenses
- Special Event Transport Expenses
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
- Permanent Disability
- Personal Liability
- Accidental Death
Travel Insurance for a holiday in New Zealand
For a holiday in New Zealand with Fast Cover, simply select the New Zealand Region which will provide you with cover for travel throughout New Zealand as well as the Australian Domestic region.
Also consider the type of holiday you’re taking and what activities are on your itinerary to ensure your travel insurance policy will provide cover for all of the fun things you want to do such as:
- Seeing the glow worms light up the spectacular Waitomo Caves
- Jet boating tours on the lake at Te Anau or Huka Falls
- Riding the Skyline cable car up to the summit in Queenstown
- Taking a scenic day cruise on the stunning Milford Sound
- Exploring the Hobbiton movie set from the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies
- Hiring a campervan or motorhome and road tripping around both islands
- Visiting family attractions like the Auckland Zoo or Rainbow’s End Amusement Park
- Sightseeing and historic walking tours
- Trekking and hiking in the countryside
- Horse riding tours
- Water sports like sailing, wind surfing, kayaking and fishing
- Adventure sports like bungee jumping, tandem sky diving and quad biking#
Fast Cover offers great value travel insurance options to suit all travellers heading to New Zealand.
Benefits of Fast Cover travel insurance
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance
- Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Unlimited Cancellation Cover
- Cover for Luggage & Personal Effects
- Cover for 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Optional cover for scooter, moped and motorcycle riding
- Optional Cover for Adventure Sports & Activities
- Optional Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance
- Kids covered FREE when travelling with an insured adult
See the tables below for more benefits:
Top 10 tips for safe travel in New Zealand
- Check Smartraveller.gov.au to make sure the regions you wish to visit are not listed as ‘Reconsider your need to travel’ or ‘Do not travel’.
- Get a health check-up before you leave home.
- Ask your doctor about vaccinations you may need for New Zealand. These may include DTP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis), Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid.
- Make sure you pack suitable clothing for all weather conditions you may encounter.
- Familiarise yourself with the local laws, culture and customs.
- Check if you require a particular type of Visa for your trip.
- Save the phone number and address of the nearest Australian consulate or embassy.
- Keep both printed and digital copies of all your travel documents handy.
- Register your New Zealand trip itinerary and contact details with Smartraveller.
- Download the Smartraveller app to receive instant travel alerts and warnings.
|Liam’s Lost Luggage
Liam and his partner arrived in New Zealand for a holiday but their baggage did not. They took precautions as advised by their travel insurer’s emergency assistance team and lodged a claim with the airline. Fortunately, the airline located their luggage 48 hours later but they were also able to claim $500 AUD under the luggage and personal effects delay benefit of their Comprehensive travel policy.
|Ben's Broken Lens
32-year-old Ben was hiking in New Zealand when a strong gust of wind broke his camera strap and knocked over the tripod, causing damage to the equipment. After providing proof of ownership with his claim, he was reimbursed for over $1,100 AUD under the luggage and personal effects of his Fast Cover travel insurance policy.
Great Customer Service
Good value, easy to set up. Personal contact with the staff has been pleasant and very helpful. I will continue to use Fast Cover and am already recommending it to my friends.
Maddy – Compare Travel Insurance
Brilliant Service - Quick, Easy, Friendly & Hassle Free
I used Fast Cover Travel Insurance for a trip to Queenstown, New Zealand in 2013 for a ski trip. The website was easy to use, and easy to get a quote. There were a choice of easy-to-understand policies which were really comprehensive and great value for money.
Unfortunately, I had to make a claim after my flights cancelled due to snow in New Zealand. I called them up straight away (after hours on a weekend) and their friendly claims team were helpful an professional and gave me all the information I needed. Upon submitting my claim on my return my claim was paid promptly and without any questions or hassles.
I had such a great experience, that I've just purchased travel insurance again for my next holiday and feel very assured knowing that if anything goes wrong (hopefully it wont), that I will be taken care of once again.
Daina – Compare Travel Insurance
5 steps to buying Fast Cover travel insurance for New Zealand
- Select the New Zealand Region and follow a few simple steps online for a FREE instant quote.
- Consider the benefits included in each policy.
- Select the level of cover that’s right for your trip to New Zealand.
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement.
- Consider the Financial Services Guide.
#Adventure activities are only covered by this policy if you have paid the additional premium for the Adventure Pack.
~Traveller details have been changed to protect their privacy. Claims examples are from Fast Cover travel insurance customers from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2016.
# Available with our Comprehensive policies only.
** No cover is provided for pregnancy, childbirth or related complications unless it is a single, uncomplicated pregnancy up to and including 23 weeks. In any event we will not pay medical expenses for regular antenatal care, childbirth at any gestation or care of the newborn child. Complications mean any secondary diagnosis occurring prior to, during the course of, concurrent with, or as a result of the pregnancy, which may adversely affect the pregnancy outcome.
+ Statistics based on 'Travel by Australians' quarterly report for June 2013, 'Tourism Industry Facts & Figures at a Glance' September 2012, Cruise Industry Source Market Report: Australia 2013 and Fast Cover Customers.
2 5% saving is based on the cost of a Duo policy versus the cost of two single policies. Excess reduction discount based on excess reduction cost under a Duo policy versus cost under two single policies. Duo policies do not provide cover for any dependent children.
3 Children or dependants under 21 years old and not in full time employment covered for free when travelling with an insured adult. Excludes Duo policies.
4 Price based on an 18 day Basics policy to Pacific region for Single traveller aged 50 years old or younger with $200 excess.
5 Additional terms and conditions, limits and excesses apply to travellers aged 80-89.
6 Must be accompanied by a professional instructor or guide.