What is an emergency situation?
- You are in a hospital
- You are being treated as a hospital outpatient and the total cost of treatment will exceed $2000
- You are receiving any medical treatment whatsoever in the United States of America
- Your medical bill will be over $2000 and you need assistance paying the bill or require a payment guarantee
- You are seriously ill or injured
- You need medical assistance
- You have been involved in a motor vehicle accident
- You have been robbed or assaulted and need assistance
- Your flight has been cancelled and you are stranded
What should I do if I have an emergency situation?
- Contact your 24/7 Emergency Assistance Team as soon as practically possible.
- Help us help you, please be prepared with:
- Your travel insurance policy number.
- A phone number we will be able to call you back on.
- A description of what has occurred and what you need.
- If you are ill or injured, a list and details of the medical treatments you have received.
What should I do in a non-emergency situation?
- If your claim will be less than $2000 and you have NOT received medical treatment in the United States of America and you require no further assistance, you can simply submit a claim at your convenience.
- For damage, loss or theft of your personal effects or luggage, report the incident to a relevant authority within 24 hours (police, hotel, airline, cruise company, tour guide etc) and obtain a copy of the report.
- Submit your claim within 30 days of your return.