We know that sometimes, going sight seeing on your travels is just not enough.
Sometimes, you literally want to, and need to, go on an adventure...which is why we automatically cover you for a whole lot of sports and activities!
Our policies provide cover for claims arising directly from your participation in the following amateur sports and amateur recreational activities, subject to the terms, conditions limits and exclusions that apply to the section under which your claim is made and the GENERAL EXCLUSIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL SECTIONS:
- Aqua zorbing
- Bicycling (but not bicycle motorcross (BMX) or downhill mountain biking)
- Bungee jumping or canyon swinging
- Camel, donkey or elephant riding (under supervision)
- Dog sledding
- Diving underwater using an artificial breathing apparatus at a depth no greater than 10 metres (you must hold an open water diving licence recognised in Australia or dive under licensed instruction)
- Fishing (on land or within 2 nautical miles of a land mass)
- Gym activities (but not powerlifting)
- Gymnastics (but not competitions)
- Horse riding (but not competitions, equestrian events, steeple chasing, jumping, or polo)
- Ice skating on a rink (but not including competitive skating, racing, speed skating, and tour skating)
- Indoor rock climbing (under supervision)
- Leisure activities (meaning any activities involving minimal physical exertion that is undertaken for relaxation or pleasure. For example, sight-seeing, picnics, photography and museum or art gallery visits)
- Motorcycle, scooter or moped riding (restrictions apply - refer to General Exclusion A.13)
- Paintball (with eye protection)
- Racing on foot for distances up to and including full marathon (42.2 kilometres or 26.2 miles)
- Racquet and ball sports not involving physical contact
- Regulated or licensed ballooning
- Safari (under supervision, but not hunting)
- Sailing up to 10 nautical miles off any land mass
- Shark cage diving (subject to diving restrictions listed above)
- Shooting (fixed target only)
- Skateboarding, roller skating, inline skating (but not including vert skating or acrobatics)
- Surface water activities in rivers or rapids graded I, II or III under the International Scale of River Difficulty, or lakes or canals
- Surface water activities (other than sailing) up to 2 nautical miles off any land mass
- Track and field athletics
- Walking, hiking, trekking or tramping, peaking at altitudes up to 3,000 metres where specialist climbing equipment is not required (but not expeditions to or on the Kokoda Track/Trail)
So go out there and have your adventure!
Note that all other sports and activities are excluded from cover under our policies, subject to any additional options that have been purchased and are listed on your Certificate of Insurance.