Greece Travel Insurance
When travelling overseas it’s always important to choose the right travel insurance for your specific destination.
If you’re travelling to Greece, you should consider a policy that provides 24 hour emergency assistance as well as cover for what’s most important to you such as:
- Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Luggage & Personal Effects
- Theft of Cash
- Travel Documents, Credit Cards & Travellers Cheques
- Travel Delay Expenses
- Special Event Transport Expenses
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
- Permanent Disability
- Personal Liability
- Accidental Death
Travel Insurance for a holiday in Greece
For a holiday in Greece with Fast Cover, select the Europe Region which will provide you with cover for travel throughout Greece as well as the rest of Europe, Asia, Pacific, New Zealand and Domestic regions.
Also consider the type of holiday you’re taking and what activities are on your itinerary to ensure your travel insurance policy will provide cover for all of the fun things you want to do such as:
- Visiting ancient landmarks like the Parthenon and Acropolis in Athens
- Day trips sailing around the Greek and Ionian Islands
- Exploring picturesque coastal towns and villages
- Bicycling around the beautiful World Heritage Meteora Monastery site
- Taking the family to attractions like the Aquaworld Aquarium
- Visiting the world-class Acropolis Museum or National Archaeological Museum
- Sightseeing and historic walking tours
- Hiking and trekking in the countryside
- Horse riding tours
- Water sports like sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and fishing
- Adventure sports like bungee jumping, tandem skydiving and quad biking#
Fast Cover offers great value travel insurance options to suit all travellers heading to Greece.
Benefits of Fast Cover travel insurance
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance Helpline
- Unlimited Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Unlimited Cancellation Cover
- Cover for Luggage & Personal Effects
- Cover for 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Optional cover for scooter, moped and motorcycle riding
- Optional cover for Adventure Sports & Activities
- Optional Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
- Kids covered FREE when travelling with an insured adult
Top 10 tips for safe travel in Greece
- Check Smartraveller.gov.au to make sure the regions you wish to visit are not listed as ‘Reconsider your need to travel’ or ‘Do not travel’.
- Get a health check-up before you leave home.
- Ask your doctor about vaccinations you may need for Greece. These may include DTP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis), Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid.
- Make sure you pack suitable clothing for all weather conditions you may encounter.
- Familiarise yourself with the local laws, culture and customs.
- Check if you require a particular type of Visa for your trip.
- Save the phone number and address of the nearest Australian consulate or embassy.
- Keep both printed and digital copies of all your travel documents handy.
- Register your Greek trip itinerary and contact details with Smartraveller.
- Download the Smartraveller app to receive instant travel alerts and warnings.
|Pete's Pickpocketed Phone
Pete from Sydney was sailing around the Greek islands with mates when he noticed that his iPhone was missing from his pocket. He immediately reported the theft to the resort staff, his phone service provider and obtained a written report from the local police station to submit with his claim, and was reimbursed $800 AUD under the luggage and personal effects benefit of his Fast Cover travel insurance policy.
|Tanya’s Travel Delays
Tanya was at the end of her holiday and about to fly home from Greece when she started feeling unwell. She visited a local doctor who recommended that she delay her flight home until she was fit enough to travel. Thankfully she had purchased Fast Cover travel insurance and was covered for the rearrangement of her flights and travel delay expenses at a total of over $2,000 AUD.
My son broke his leg in Greece recently and Fast Cover were absolutely fabulous. I want to thank you so much for taking care of him so well. Greatly appreciated being so helpful and so prompt. I am telling all family and friends to take Fast cover out for their next holiday.
Trin – Productreview.com.au
Very Efficient and Consumer Friendly
Everything about this Travel Insurance is excellent. It had a very efficient and fast on-line application system which produced the policy, approved it and sent me a copy. I had to make a claim as one of my bags got damaged during the journey. The claim procedure was very efficient and very prompt. It was approved and the funds deposited into my bank account within a few days. I would recommend this policy to any and all travellers.
David – Productreview.com.au
Easy To Purchase, Easy To Claim!
I like the ease with which products of Fast Cover can be purchased. I did not have any problems during the process of claiming. Everything went smoothly and within 10 business days, as promised, they returned me the money. I like the quickness with which they work and value their customers.
Allison – Compare Travel Insurance
5 steps to buying Fast Cover travel insurance for Greece
- Select the Europe Region and follow a few simple steps online for a FREE instant quote.
- Consider the benefits included in each policy.
- Select the level of cover that’s right for your trip to Greece.
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement.
- Consider the Financial Services Guide.
#Adventure activities are only covered by this policy if you have paid the additional premium for the Adventure Pack.
~Traveller details have been changed to protect their privacy. Claims examples are from Fast Cover travel insurance customers from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2016.
^ For travellers aged 80 - 89, additional terms and conditions apply.
# Available with our Comprehensive policies only.
** No cover is provided for pregnancy, childbirth or related complications unless it is a single, uncomplicated pregnancy up to and including 23 weeks. In any event we will not pay medical expenses for regular antenatal care, childbirth at any gestation or care of the newborn child. Complications mean any secondary diagnosis occurring prior to, during the course of, concurrent with, or as a result of the pregnancy, which may adversely affect the pregnancy outcome.
+ Statistics based on 'Travel by Australians' quarterly report for June 2013, 'Tourism Industry Facts & Figures at a Glance' September 2012, Cruise Industry Source Market Report: Australia 2013 and Fast Cover Customers.
2 5% saving is based on the cost of a Duo policy versus the cost of two single policies. Excess reduction discount based on excess reduction cost under a Duo policy versus cost under two single policies. Duo policies do not provide cover for any dependent children.
3 Children or dependants under 21 years old and not in full time employment covered for free when travelling with an insured adult. Excludes Duo policies.
4 Price based on an 18 day Basics policy to Pacific region for Single traveller aged 50 years old or younger with $200 excess.
5 Additional terms and conditions, limits and excesses apply to travellers aged 80-89.
6 Must be accompanied by a professional instructor or guide.