Dubai Travel Insurance
When travelling overseas it’s always important to choose the right travel insurance for your specific destination.
If you’re travelling to Dubai, you should consider a policy that provides 24 hour emergency assistance as well as cover for what’s most important to you such as:
- Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Luggage & Personal Effects
- Theft of Cash
- Travel Documents, Credit Cards & Travellers Cheques
- Travel Delay Expenses
- Special Event Transport Expenses
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
- Permanent Disability
- Personal Liability
- Accidental Death
Travel Insurance for a holiday in Dubai
For a holiday in Dubai with Fast Cover, select the Worldwide Region which will provide you with cover for travel to the United Arab Emirates as well as Europe, Asia, Pacific, New Zealand and Domestic regions.
Also consider the type of holiday you’re taking and what activities are on your itinerary to ensure your travel insurance policy will provide cover for all of the fun things you want to do such as:
- Camel riding tours
- 4WD desert safari tours
- Sunset cruising on Dubai Creek
- Visiting the Burj Khalifa or Burj Al Arab
- Hitting the slopes at the Ski Dubai indoor skiing centre
- Exploring the Bastakia Quarter or “Old Town” to see traditional Dubai
- Shopping at the world-famous malls and festivals
- Teeing off at the ritzy Emirates Golf Club
- Sightseeing and exploring the souks and markets
- Water sports like sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and snorkelling
- Adventure sports like bungee jumping, tandem skydiving and desert quad biking#
Fast Cover offers great value travel insurance options to suit all travellers heading to Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
Benefits of Fast Cover Dubai travel insurance
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance
- Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Unlimited Cancellation Cover
- Optional Cover for scooter, moped or motorcycle riding
- Optional Cover for Adventure Sports & Activities
- Cover for Luggage & Personal Effects
- Cover for 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Kids covered FREE when travelling with an insured adult
See the tables below for more benefits:
Top 10 tips for safe travel in Dubai
- Check Smartraveller.gov.au to make sure the regions you wish to visit are not listed as ‘Reconsider your need to travel’ or ‘Do not travel’.
- Get a health check-up before you leave home.
- Ask your doctor about vaccinations you may need for Dubai. These may include DTP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis), Hepatitis A and B, and MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella).
- Ask your doctor about preventative anti-Malarial medication which is endemic to Africa and parts of the Middle East.
- Familiarise yourself with the local laws, culture and customs.
- Check if you require a particular type of Visa for your trip.
- Save the phone number and address of the nearest Australian consulate or embassy.
- Keep both printed and digital copies of all your travel documents handy.
- Register your Dubai trip itinerary and contact details with Smartraveller.
- Download the Smartraveller app to receive instant travel alerts and warnings.
|Harry’s Holiday Heartache
Harry and his wife flew into the United Arab Emirates after disembarking from a cruise in Copenhagen. Harry had been feeling unwell and needed to visit the doctor four times during the cruise. In Dubai he suffered a heart attack and was admitted to hospital for emergency medical treatment. As he had no history of heart disease, his Fast Cover policy paid for the medical expenses as well as their rescheduled flights, accommodation and related additional expenses at a total cost of over $21,000 AUD.
|Marge’s Medical Expenses
Marge visited a doctor in Dubai after her flight, suffering from pain and swelling in her thighs. She was sent for an ultrasound which revealed a superficial blood clot in her upper leg. As it was not related to a pre-existing condition, her Fast Cover policy covered the $1,300 AUD medical bill.
The insurance was easy to purchase online while easily able to compare different policies which were also reasonably priced. In addition, there were options of the excess you wish to pay should you need to make a claim. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. I will purchase with them again for sure.
Aimee – Productreview.com.au
Easy online insurance that only took a few minutes. A great price with value. Peace of mind at an affordable price.
Julia – Compare Travel Insurance
Quick & Easy
Website was simple and user friendly. The information was well displayed and easy to understand. The purchase process was really quick and hassle free. I was very satisfied with the whole process and the product in general.
Justine – Compare Travel Insurance
5 steps to buying Fast Cover travel insurance for Dubai
- Select the Worldwide Region and follow a few simple steps online for a FREE instant quote.
- Consider the benefits included in each policy.
- Select the level of cover that’s right for your trip to Dubai.
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement.
- Consider the Financial Services Guide.
#Adventure activities are only covered by this policy if you have paid the additional premium for the Adventure Pack.
~Traveller details have been changed to protect their privacy. Claims examples are from Fast Cover travel insurance customers from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2016.
^ For travellers aged 80 - 89, additional terms and conditions apply.
# Available with our Comprehensive policies only.
** No cover is provided for pregnancy, childbirth or related complications unless it is a single, uncomplicated pregnancy up to and including 23 weeks. In any event we will not pay medical expenses for regular antenatal care, childbirth at any gestation or care of the newborn child. Complications mean any secondary diagnosis occurring prior to, during the course of, concurrent with, or as a result of the pregnancy, which may adversely affect the pregnancy outcome.
+ Statistics based on 'Travel by Australians' quarterly report for June 2013, 'Tourism Industry Facts & Figures at a Glance' September 2012, Cruise Industry Source Market Report: Australia 2013 and Fast Cover Customers.
2 5% saving is based on the cost of a Duo policy versus the cost of two single policies. Excess reduction discount based on excess reduction cost under a Duo policy versus cost under two single policies. Duo policies do not provide cover for any dependent children.
3 Children or dependants under 21 years old and not in full time employment covered for free when travelling with an insured adult. Excludes Duo policies.
4 Price based on an 18 day Basics policy to Pacific region for Single traveller aged 50 years old or younger with $200 excess.
5 Additional terms and conditions, limits and excesses apply to travellers aged 80-89.
6 Must be accompanied by a professional instructor or guide.