France Travel Insurance
When travelling overseas it’s always important to choose the right travel insurance for your specific destination.
If you’re travelling to France, you should consider a policy that provides 24 hour emergency assistance as well as cover for what’s most important to you such as:
- Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Luggage & Personal Effects
- Theft of Cash
- Travel Documents, Credit Cards & Travellers Cheques
- Travel Delay Expenses
- Special Event Transport Expenses
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
- Permanent Disability
- Personal Liability
- Accidental Death
Travel Insurance for a holiday in France
For a holiday in France with Fast Cover, select 'France' which will provide you with cover for travel throughout France.
Also consider the type of holiday you’re taking and what activities are on your itinerary to ensure your travel insurance policy will provide cover for all of the fun things you want to do such as:
- Visiting famous landmarks like the Eiffel Tower or Arc de Triomphe in Paris
- Touring the beautiful gardens at the Palace of Versailles
- Attending the prestigious Cannes Film Festival
- Taking the family to Euro Disneyland
- Shopping and strolling along the esplanade in Nice or the Champs-Élysées
- Exploring historic buildings like Notre Dame or the Saint-Chapelle
- Marvelling at the spectacular French Alps on a scenic train tour
- Sightseeing and gourmet food and wine tours
- Hiking and trekking in the countryside
- Horse riding tours
- Water sports like sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and fishing
- Adventure sports like bungee jumping, tandem skydiving and quad biking#
Fast Cover offers great value travel insurance options to suit all travellers heading to France.
Benefits of Fast Cover travel insurance
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance Helpline
- Unlimited Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Unlimited Cancellation Cover
- Cover for Luggage & Personal Effects
- Cover for 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Optional cover for scooter, moped and motorcycle riding
- Optional Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance
- Optional cover for Adventure Sports & Activities
- Kids covered FREE when travelling with an insured adult
Top 10 tips for safe travel in France
- Check Smartraveller.gov.au to make sure the regions you wish to visit are not listed as ‘Do not travel’.
- Get a health check-up before you leave home.
- Ask your doctor about vaccinations you may need for France. These may include DTP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis), Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid.
- Make sure you pack suitable clothing for all weather conditions you may encounter.
- Familiarise yourself with the local laws, culture and customs.
- Check if you require a particular type of Visa for your trip.
- Save the phone number and address of the nearest Australian consulate or embassy.
- Keep both printed and digital copies of all your travel documents handy.
- Register your France trip itinerary and contact details with Smartraveller.
- Download the Smartraveller app to receive instant travel alerts and warnings.
|Tom's Terrible Tumble
18-year-old Tom from Byron Bay needed over $41,000 AUD worth of overseas medical assistance after he injured himself while skiing and suffered internal bleeding. Tom and his travelling companion’s insurance policy cost just over $500 AUD for both of them. It covered the cost of Tom's emergency medical transport, surgery and hospital expenses, as well as accommodation for his friend to stay nearby while he recovered, and even their return flights to Australia in Business Class.
|Carl’s Cancellation Costs
Carl and his wife had planned and pre-paid for a trip to attend a 100-year birthday celebration and family reunion, followed by a homeward cruise from Southampton. Unfortunately, a few months before their departure, an unexpected medical diagnosis meant they were forced to cancel their holiday. Thankfully they had purchased travel insurance well in advance and were completely covered for their cancellation costs and lost deposits. After submitting a claim online and providing all the required documentation, they received a payment of over $10,000 AUD within the week.
Fast Cover made my journey to Paris truly memorable. Everything was well planned and sorted. Their service has been excellent. I lost my laptop during the trip which left me very disappointed. But then when going through the policy details, Fast Cover covers for lost of items, and I got back the cost of the laptop less excess and depreciation. It was unexpected as I didn't think I was covered for that.
Christy – Compare Travel Insurance
So Glad I Insured With Fast Cover
I travelled to Europe last month. On a friend’s suggestion, I took the Fast Cover insurance just before leaving. It was really quick and hassle-free to get insured. During the trip, I fell really ill and was hospitalised. That’s when Fast Cover came to my rescue and everything was sorted out. Thank you Fast Cover!
Wilson – Compare Travel Insurance
We purchased a policy earlier this year and just purchased another one for travel in August. We feel very confident with this company with their policies and pricing and have recommended this company to many of our friends.
Bob – Productreview.com.au
5 steps to buying Fast Cover travel insurance for France
#Adventure activities are only covered by this policy if you have paid the additional premium for the Adventure Pack.
~Traveller details have been changed to protect their privacy. Claims examples are from Fast Cover travel insurance customers from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2016.
* See Product Disclosure Statement and the COVID-19 Pack Document for full terms and conditions and exclusions and limits that apply. For travellers aged 80 and over, additional terms and conditions, limits and excesses apply.
# Available with our Comprehensive policies only.
** No cover is provided for pregnancy, childbirth or related complications unless it is a single, uncomplicated pregnancy up to and including 23 weeks. In any event we will not pay medical expenses for regular antenatal care, childbirth at any gestation or care of the newborn child. Complications mean any secondary diagnosis occurring prior to, during the course of, concurrent with, or as a result of the pregnancy, which may adversely affect the pregnancy outcome.
+ Statistics based on 'Travel by Australians' quarterly report for June 2013, 'Tourism Industry Facts & Figures at a Glance' September 2012, Cruise Industry Source Market Report: Australia 2013 and Fast Cover Customers.
2 5% saving is based on the cost of a Duo policy versus the cost of two single policies. Excess reduction discount based on excess reduction cost under a Duo policy versus cost under two single policies. Duo policies do not provide cover for any dependent children.
3 Children or dependants under 21 years old and not in full time employment covered for free when travelling with an insured adult. Excludes Duo policies.
4 Price based on an 18 day Basics policy to Pacific region for Single traveller aged 50 years old or younger with $200 excess.
5 Additional terms and conditions, limits and excesses apply to travellers aged 80-89.
6 Must be accompanied by a professional instructor or guide.