Hong Kong Travel Insurance
When travelling overseas it’s always important to choose the right travel insurance for your specific destination.
If you’re travelling to Hong Kong, you should consider a policy that provides 24 hour emergency assistance as well as cover for what’s most important to you such as:
- Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Luggage & Personal Effects
- Theft of Cash
- Travel Documents, Credit Cards & Travellers Cheques
- Special Event Transport Expenses
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
- Permanent Disability
- Personal Liability
- Accidental Death
Travel Insurance for a holiday in Hong Kong
For a holiday in Hong Kong with Fast Cover, select the Asia Region which will provide you with cover for travel throughout Hong Kong as well as the rest of Asia, Pacific, New Zealand and Domestic regions.
Also consider the type of holiday you’re taking and what activities are on your itinerary to ensure your travel insurance policy will provide cover for all of the fun things you want to do such as:
- Getting a bird’s eye view of the city from the Victoria Peak lookout
- Visiting the monks at the Po Lin Monastery or Man Mo Temple
- Taking the family to attractions like Ocean Park Hong Kong and Disneyland
- Day trips sailing around Lamma Island or Lantau Island
- Visiting the Hong Kong Museum of History or the world-class Space Museum
- Hiking up the stairs to the Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery
- Sightseeing and historic walking tours
- Trekking and bicycle riding in the countryside
- Horse riding tours
- Water sports like sailing, wind surfing, kayaking and fishing
- Adventure sports like bungee jumping, tandem skydiving and quad biking#
Fast Cover offers great value travel insurance options to suit all travellers heading to Hong Kong.
Benefits of Fast Cover travel insurance
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance Helpline
- Unlimited Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Unlimited Cancellation Cover
- Cover for Luggage & Personal Effects
- Cover for 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Optional cover for scooter, moped and motorcycle riding
- Optional Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance
- Optional Cover for Adventure Sports & Activities
- Kids covered FREE when travelling with an insured adult
Top 10 tips for safe travel in Hong Kong
- Check Smartraveller.gov.au to make sure the regions you wish to visit are not listed as ‘Reconsider your need to travel’ or ‘Do not travel’.
- Get a health check-up before you leave home.
- Ask your doctor about vaccinations you may need for Hong Kong. These may include DTP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis), Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid.
- Make sure you pack suitable clothing for all weather conditions you may encounter.
- Familiarise yourself with the local laws, culture and customs.
- Check if you require a particular type of Visa for your trip.
- Save the phone number and address of the nearest Australian consulate or embassy.
- Keep both printed and digital copies of all your travel documents handy.
- Register your trip itinerary and contact details with Smartraveller.
- Download the Smartraveller app to receive instant travel alerts and warnings.
|Todd’s Tummy Troubles
Tom was due to fly home after a holiday in Hong Kong when he came down with a bad case of gastro. After a medical adviser confirmed that he was not well enough to fly, his Fast Cover policy paid for his medical treatment expenses as well as his rescheduled flights, accommodation and related additional expenses at a total cost of over $2,200 AUD.
|Pete’s Pickpocketed Phone
35-year-old Pete was out at dinner with friends in Hong Kong when he noticed that his phone was missing from his pocket. He immediately reported the theft to the local police and obtained a written report to submit with his claim, and was reimbursed $730 AUD under the luggage and personal effects benefit of his Fast Cover travel insurance policy.
The insurance was easy to purchase online while easily able to compare different policies which were also reasonably priced. In addition, there were options of the excess you wish to pay should you need to make a claim. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. I will purchase with them again for sure.
Aimee – Productreview.com.au
Simple To Get And Easy To Claim
I found it very easy to set up my travel insurance policy. I did have to make a claim for a doctor's consultation while travelling and for medication. I paid out of pocket and made my claim when I got home. I found the claims process easy enough to follow and my claim was processed in about four days.
Laura – Compare Travel Insurance
Travel With Insurance Confidence
My husband and I were delayed by weather and missed our connecting flight. Hotel and additional costs were covered by Fast Cover without question. Staff are ALWAYS pleasant and friendly when called for information or quotes. We will continue to use Fast Cover for our travel insurance.
Peta – Compare Travel Insurance
5 steps to buying Fast Cover travel insurance for Hong Kong
- Select the Asia Region and follow a few simple steps online for an instant quote.
- Consider the benefits included in each policy.
- Select the level of cover that’s right for your holiday in Hong Kong.
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement.
- Consider the Financial Services Guide.
#Adventure activities are only covered by this policy if you have paid the additional premium for the Adventure Pack.
~Traveller details have been changed to protect their privacy. Claims examples are from Fast Cover travel insurance customers from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2016.
# Available with our Comprehensive policies only.
** No cover is provided for pregnancy, childbirth or related complications unless it is a single, uncomplicated pregnancy up to and including 23 weeks. In any event we will not pay medical expenses for regular antenatal care, childbirth at any gestation or care of the newborn child. Complications mean any secondary diagnosis occurring prior to, during the course of, concurrent with, or as a result of the pregnancy, which may adversely affect the pregnancy outcome.
+ Statistics based on 'Travel by Australians' quarterly report for June 2013, 'Tourism Industry Facts & Figures at a Glance' September 2012, Cruise Industry Source Market Report: Australia 2013 and Fast Cover Customers.
2 5% saving is based on the cost of a Duo policy versus the cost of two single policies. Excess reduction discount based on excess reduction cost under a Duo policy versus cost under two single policies. Duo policies do not provide cover for any dependent children.
3 Children or dependants under 21 years old and not in full time employment covered for free when travelling with an insured adult. Excludes Duo policies.
4 Price based on an 18 day Basics policy to Pacific region for Single traveller aged 50 years old or younger with $200 excess.
5 Additional terms and conditions, limits and excesses apply to travellers aged 80-89.
6 Must be accompanied by a professional instructor or guide.