Ireland Travel Insurance
When travelling overseas it’s always important to choose the right travel insurance for your specific destination.
If you’re travelling to Ireland, you should consider a policy that provides 24 hour emergency assistance as well as cover for what’s most important to you such as:
- Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Luggage & Personal Effects
- Theft of Cash
- Travel Documents, Credit Cards & Travellers Cheques
- Special Event Transport Expenses
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
- Permanent Disability
- Personal Liability
- Accidental Death
Travel Insurance for a holiday in Ireland
For a holiday in the Emerald Isle with Fast Cover, select the Europe Region which will provide you with cover for travel throughout Ireland as well as the rest of the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia, Pacific, New Zealand and Domestic regions.
Also consider the type of holiday you’re taking and what activities are on your itinerary to ensure your travel insurance policy will provide cover for all of the fun things you want to do such as:
- Kissing the Blarney Stone for luck at Blarney Castle
- Trekking in the beautiful Killarney National Park
- Taking a guided tour of the historic Kilmainham Gaol or Charles Fort
- Admiring the blooms in the beautiful National Botanic Gardens
- Marvelling at natural formations like The Burren or Giant’s Causeway
- Enjoying a cheeky pint at the Guinness Storehouse or the Old Jameson Distillery
- Exploring the monastery ruins on the beautiful Skellig Islands
- Hiring a campervan or car for a self-driving tour of the Emerald Isle
- Visiting family attractions like the Dublin Zoo or Aillwee Cave
- Sightseeing and historic walking tours
- Horse riding tours
- Water sports like sailing, wind surfing, kayaking and fishing
- Adventure sports like bungee jumping, tandem skydiving and quad biking#
Fast Cover offers great value travel insurance options to suit all travellers heading to Ireland.
Benefits of Fast Cover Ireland travel insurance
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance Helpline
- Unlimited Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Unlimited Cancellation Cover
- Cover for Luggage & Personal Effects
- Cover for 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Optional cover for scooter, moped and motorcycle riding
- Optional Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance
- Optional Cover for Adventure Sports & Activities
- Kids covered FREE when travelling with an insured adult
Top 10 tips for safe travel in Ireland
- Check Smartraveller.gov.au to make sure the regions you wish to visit are not listed as ‘Reconsider your need to travel’ or ‘Do not travel’.
- Get a health check-up before you leave home.
- Ask your doctor about vaccinations you may need for Ireland. These may include DTP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis), Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid.
- Make sure you pack suitable clothing for all weather conditions you may encounter.
- Familiarise yourself with the local laws, culture and customs.
- Check if you require a particular type of Visa for your trip.
- Save the phone number and address of the nearest Australian consulate or embassy.
- Keep both printed and digital copies of all your travel documents handy.
- Register your Irish trip itinerary and contact details with Smartraveller.
- Download the Smartraveller app to receive instant travel alerts and warnings.
|Ben's Busted Lens
32-year-old Ben was hiking when a strong gust of wind broke his camera strap and knocked over the tripod, causing damage to the equipment. After providing proof of ownership with his claim, he was reimbursed for over $1,100 AUD under the luggage and personal effects of his Fast Cover travel insurance policy.
|Carl's Cancellation Costs
Carl and his wife had planned and pre-paid for a trip to attend a 100-year birthday celebration and family reunion, followed by a homeward cruise from Southampton. Unfortunately, a few months before their departure, an unexpected medical diagnosis meant they were forced to cancel their holiday. Thankfully they had purchased travel insurance well in advance and were completely covered for their cancellation costs and lost deposits. After submitting a claim online and providing all the required documentation, they received a payment of over $10,000 AUD within the week.
Great Customer Service
Good value, easy to set up. Personal contact with the staff has been pleasant and very helpful. I will continue to use Fast Cover and am already recommending it to my friends.
Maddy – Compare Travel Insurance
Fast Cover Takes The Cake
I was immediately attracted to Fast Cover insurance by their amazingly intuitive website! My online claim was extremely simple with all sections explained well. As I was completing other online quotes at the same time, I was pleasantly surprised that all my quote details were remembered when I went back to complete my application. Fast Cover were also the cheapest option that I could find for my circumstances and offered online extensions of my cover which was the icing on the cake!
Luke – Compare Travel Insurance
I broke two bones in my leg and dislocated my ankle when slipping on the hotel bathroom floor. I spent eight days in hospital where my leg was operated on and the cost of this was completely covered as well as the flight back to Australia in Business Class.
Annette – Productreview.com.au
5 steps to buying Fast Cover travel insurance for Ireland
- Select the Europe Region and follow a few simple steps online for an instant quote.
- Consider the benefits included in each policy.
- Select the level of cover that’s right for your Irish holiday.
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement.
- Consider the Financial Services Guide.
#Adventure activities are only covered by this policy if you have paid the additional premium for the Adventure Pack.
~Traveller details have been changed to protect their privacy. Claims examples are from Fast Cover travel insurance customers from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2016.
^ For travellers aged 80 - 89, additional terms and conditions apply.
# Available with our Comprehensive policies only.
** No cover is provided for pregnancy, childbirth or related complications unless it is a single, uncomplicated pregnancy up to and including 23 weeks. In any event we will not pay medical expenses for regular antenatal care, childbirth at any gestation or care of the newborn child. Complications mean any secondary diagnosis occurring prior to, during the course of, concurrent with, or as a result of the pregnancy, which may adversely affect the pregnancy outcome.
+ Statistics based on 'Travel by Australians' quarterly report for June 2013, 'Tourism Industry Facts & Figures at a Glance' September 2012, Cruise Industry Source Market Report: Australia 2013 and Fast Cover Customers.
2 5% saving is based on the cost of a Duo policy versus the cost of two single policies. Excess reduction discount based on excess reduction cost under a Duo policy versus cost under two single policies. Duo policies do not provide cover for any dependent children.
3 Children or dependants under 21 years old and not in full time employment covered for free when travelling with an insured adult. Excludes Duo policies.
4 Price based on an 18 day Basics policy to Pacific region for Single traveller aged 50 years old or younger with $200 excess.
5 Additional terms and conditions, limits and excesses apply to travellers aged 80-89.
6 Must be accompanied by a professional instructor or guide.