Italy Travel Insurance
When travelling overseas it’s always important to choose the right travel insurance for your specific destination.
If you’re travelling to Italy, you should consider a policy that provides 24 hour emergency assistance as well as cover for what’s most important to you such as:
- Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Luggage & Personal Effects
- Theft of Cash
- Travel Documents, Credit Cards & Travellers Cheques
- Travel Delay Expenses
- Special Event Transport Expenses
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
- Permanent Disability
- Personal Liability
- Accidental Death
Travel Insurance for a holiday in Italy
For a holiday in Italy with Fast Cover, select the Europe Region which will provide you with cover for travel throughout Italy as well as the rest of Europe, Asia, Pacific, New Zealand and Domestic regions.
Also consider the type of holiday you’re taking and what activities are on your itinerary to ensure your travel insurance policy will provide cover for all of the fun things you want to do such as:
- Visiting famous landmarks like the Leaning Tower of Pisa or Trevi Fountain
- Exploring historical sites like the Colosseum or the Pantheon
- Visiting Vatican City to marvel at St Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel
- Being serenaded by a gondolier on the canals of Venice
- Driving along the picturesque Amalfi Coast
- Eating and drinking your way around the country on a gourmet foodie tour
- Sightseeing and historical walking tours
- Hiking and trekking in the countryside
- Licensed or regulated hot air ballooning
- Horse riding tours
- Water sports like sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and kite surfing
- Adventure sports like bungee jumping, tandem skydiving and tandem hang gliding#
Fast Cover offers great value travel insurance options to suit all travellers heading to Italy.
Benefits of Fast Cover travel insurance
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance Helpline
- Unlimited Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Unlimited Cancellation Cover
- Cover for Luggage & Personal Effects
- Cover for 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Optional cover for scooter, moped and motorcycle riding
- Optional cover for Adventure Sports & Activities
- Optional Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance
- Kids covered FREE when travelling with an insured adult
Top 10 tips for safe travel in Italy
- Check Smartraveller.gov.au to make sure the regions you wish to visit are not listed as ‘Reconsider your need to travel’ or ‘Do not travel’.
- Get a health check-up before you leave home.
- Ask your doctor about vaccinations you may need for Italy. These may include DTP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis), Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid.
- Make sure you pack suitable clothing for all weather conditions you may encounter.
- Familiarise yourself with the local laws, culture and customs.
- Check if you require a particular type of Visa for your trip.
- Save the phone number and address of the nearest Australian consulate or embassy.
- Keep both printed and digital copies of all your travel documents handy.
- Register your Italian trip itinerary and contact details with Smartraveller.
- Download the Smartraveller app to receive instant travel alerts and warnings.
|Robbery in Rome
Ross was enjoying the last few days of a group tour in Italy with his wife when they were robbed of their passports, credit cards and cash. They reported the theft immediately at the local police station, obtained a written report and called the Fast Cover 24 hour Emergency Assistance team. Their Comprehensive policy covered the cost of replacement passports, taxi fares, two days living expenses and full reimbursement of their return airfares including the upgrade to business class which they had bought just a few days earlier.
|Missed Connections in Venice
Judith was on her way to Europe via a stopover in Dubai when a delayed flight meant she missed her prepaid train connection in Venice. Stranded until the following day, she called the Fast Cover Emergency Assistance team who helped to arrange accommodation nearby so she could catch the same train and get back on her journey. Her Comprehensive policy covered her additional accommodation and meal expenses as well as the taxi fares to and from the station.
Hassle free insurance
Had a damaged suitcase which was only a few months old. Fast payment following lodgement of the claim. Would have no hesitation in recommending them.
Kim – Productreview.com.au
Fast, Easy and Great Service
I took out a policy in October for a trip to Italy and the process couldn't have been easier. I spoke to the guys on the phone and asked them a few questions and they were very knowledgeable and professional. The site was easy to use and I managed to get a policy within a couple minutes online.
Francis – Productreview.com.au
Excellent response and outcome, will use again
After being robbed in Italy of passports, credit cards and basically everything we needed on the morning we due to fly home, we were devastated and worried what our insurance would cover. We needn't have! We were reimbursed for almost everything: new passports, taxi fares, extra two days living expenses and best of all full reimbursement of our airfares home including our upgrade to business class which we bought just a few days before we were due to fly home.
Ross – Productreview.com.au
5 steps to buying Fast Cover travel insurance for Italy
- Select the Europe Region and follow a few simple steps online for a FREE instant quote.
- Consider the benefits included in each policy.
- Select the level of cover that’s right for your trip to Italy.
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement.
- Consider the Financial Services Guide.
#Adventure activities are only covered by this policy if you have paid the additional premium for the Adventure Pack.
~Traveller details have been changed to protect their privacy. Claims examples are from Fast Cover travel insurance customers from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2016.
# Available with our Comprehensive policies only.
** No cover is provided for pregnancy, childbirth or related complications unless it is a single, uncomplicated pregnancy up to and including 23 weeks. In any event we will not pay medical expenses for regular antenatal care, childbirth at any gestation or care of the newborn child. Complications mean any secondary diagnosis occurring prior to, during the course of, concurrent with, or as a result of the pregnancy, which may adversely affect the pregnancy outcome.
+ Statistics based on 'Travel by Australians' quarterly report for June 2013, 'Tourism Industry Facts & Figures at a Glance' September 2012, Cruise Industry Source Market Report: Australia 2013 and Fast Cover Customers.
2 5% saving is based on the cost of a Duo policy versus the cost of two single policies. Excess reduction discount based on excess reduction cost under a Duo policy versus cost under two single policies. Duo policies do not provide cover for any dependent children.
3 Children or dependants under 21 years old and not in full time employment covered for free when travelling with an insured adult. Excludes Duo policies.
4 Price based on an 18 day Basics policy to Pacific region for Single traveller aged 50 years old or younger with $200 excess.
5 Additional terms and conditions, limits and excesses apply to travellers aged 80-89.
6 Must be accompanied by a professional instructor or guide.