New York Travel Insurance
When travelling overseas it’s always important to choose the right travel insurance for your specific destination.
If you’re travelling to New York, you should consider a policy that provides 24 hour emergency assistance as well as cover for what’s most important to you such as:
- Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Luggage & Personal Effects
- Theft of Cash
- Travel Documents, Credit Cards & Travellers Cheques
- Travel Delay Expenses
- Special Event Transport Expenses
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
- Permanent Disability
- Personal Liability
- Accidental Death
Travel Insurance for a holiday in New York
For a holiday in New York with Fast Cover, select the Worldwide Region which will provide you with cover for travel to New York and the rest of the USA, as well as Europe, Asia, Pacific, New Zealand and Domestic regions.
Also consider the type of holiday you’re taking and what activities are on your itinerary to ensure your travel insurance policy will provide cover for all of the fun things you want to do such as:
- Exploring or picnicking in the world-famous Central Park
- Getting a bird’s eye view of the city from the Empire State Building
- Seeing a Broadway show or just getting lost in the crowd at Times Square
- Catching a ball game at Madison Square Garden or Yankee Stadium
- Taking the ferry to get up close and personal with the Statue of Liberty
- Visiting the famous Museum of Natural History or Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Strolling across the iconic Brooklyn Bridge
- Taking the family to attractions like the Central Park Zoo or Coney Island
- Sightseeing and historic city walking tours
- Trekking and hiking
- Horse riding tours
- Water sports like sailing, wind surfing, kayaking and fishing
- Adventure sports like bungee jumping, tandem sky diving and quad biking#
Fast Cover offers great value travel insurance options to suit all travellers heading to New York and the rest of the USA.
Benefits of Fast Cover travel insurance
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance
- Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Unlimited Cancellation Cover
- Cover for Luggage & Personal Effects
- Cover for 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Optional cover for scooter, moped and motorcycle riding
- Optional Cover for Adventure Sports & Activities
- Optional Rental Vehicle Excess Insurance
- Kids covered FREE when travelling with an insured adult
See the tables below for more benefits:
Top 10 tips for safe travel in New York
- Check Smartraveller.gov.au to make sure the regions you wish to visit are not listed as ‘Reconsider your need to travel’ or ‘Do not travel’.
- Get a health check-up before you leave home.
- Ask your doctor about vaccinations you may need for New York. These may include DTP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis), Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid.
- Make sure you pack suitable clothing for all weather conditions you may encounter.
- Familiarise yourself with the local laws, culture and customs.
- Check if you require a particular type of Visa for your trip.
- Save the phone number and address of the nearest Australian consulate or embassy.
- Keep both printed and digital copies of all your travel documents handy.
- Register your New York trip itinerary and contact details with Smartraveller.
- Download the Smartraveller app to receive instant travel alerts and warnings.
|Barry’s Bad Reaction
Barry was dining out with friends while on holiday in New York when he suffered a serious allergic reaction and required medical treatment. Fortunately, his travel insurance policy was able to reimburse him for the medical bill of almost $2,000 AUD.
|Sam’s Stolen Phone
Sam was travelling through Philadelphia in the USA when she noticed that her phone was missing from her pocket. She immediately reported the theft to her phone service provider as well as police and obtained a written report to submit with her claim. Sam was reimbursed over $900 AUD under the luggage and personal effects benefit of her Fast Cover travel insurance policy.
Quick & Easy
Website was simple and user friendly. The information was well displayed and easy to understand. The purchase process was really quick and hassle free. I was very satisfied with the whole process and the product in general.
Justine – Compare Travel Insurance
No Fuss Claim Experience
We went overseas in December 2016 and had two medical expenses, one in New York for a physio ($350) for a bad neck and one ice-skating accident which needed medical treatment in Austria (€790). I submitted the claim via the easy to use website, attached all statements and a short explanation of the accident. The claim was settled within two weeks with no questions asked. That's what I call a great customer experience! I will stick with Fast Cover for all my travel insurance needs in the future.
MenaiBluey – Compare Travel Insurance
I broke two bones in my leg and dislocated my ankle when slipping on the hotel bathroom floor. I spent eight days in hospital where my leg was operated on and the cost of this was completely covered as well as the flight back to Australia in Business Class.
Annette – Productreview.com.au
5 steps to buying Fast Cover travel insurance for New York
- Select the Worldwide Region and follow a few simple steps online for a FREE instant quote.
- Consider the benefits included in each policy.
- Select the level of cover that’s right for your trip to New York.
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement.
- Consider the Financial Services Guide.
#Adventure activities are only covered by this policy if you have paid the additional premium for the Adventure Pack.
~Traveller details have been changed to protect their privacy. Claims examples are from Fast Cover travel insurance customers from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2016.
^ For travellers aged 80 - 89, additional terms and conditions apply.
# Available with our Comprehensive policies only.
** No cover is provided for pregnancy, childbirth or related complications unless it is a single, uncomplicated pregnancy up to and including 23 weeks. In any event we will not pay medical expenses for regular antenatal care, childbirth at any gestation or care of the newborn child. Complications mean any secondary diagnosis occurring prior to, during the course of, concurrent with, or as a result of the pregnancy, which may adversely affect the pregnancy outcome.
+ Statistics based on 'Travel by Australians' quarterly report for June 2013, 'Tourism Industry Facts & Figures at a Glance' September 2012, Cruise Industry Source Market Report: Australia 2013 and Fast Cover Customers.
2 5% saving is based on the cost of a Duo policy versus the cost of two single policies. Excess reduction discount based on excess reduction cost under a Duo policy versus cost under two single policies. Duo policies do not provide cover for any dependent children.
3 Children or dependants under 21 years old and not in full time employment covered for free when travelling with an insured adult. Excludes Duo policies.
4 Price based on an 18 day Basics policy to Pacific region for Single traveller aged 50 years old or younger with $200 excess.
5 Additional terms and conditions, limits and excesses apply to travellers aged 80-89.
6 Must be accompanied by a professional instructor or guide.