It is possible to travel with just a carry-on bag, said News.com.au's Travel page. Here is how to do it:
- Choose a soft, light, durable rectangular bag that will squish into the overhead bin or under your seat. Make sure it fits your airline's stipulated cabin baggage dimensions.
- Pack mix-and-match clothes, and a maximum two pairs of shoes - like flops and dress shoes. Forget dry-clean items.
- Use compression bags.
- Leave the bulky books and magazines at home. Most of what you could ever want to read is already on your e-reader or tablet.
- Pack only a day or two's toiletries, then buy the rest at your destination. You not only save space, you save weight throughout your trip by not lugging three weeks' worth of conditioner around.
- Ask the final question: Do I really need it? The old adage to pack your bag, then take half of it out, is a good rule of thumb.