Packing for a weekend getaway is easier with these tips from the Urban Insider blog:
- Don't check in your luggage. It defeats the 'light-and-breezy' purpose of a weekend getaway.
- Plastic bags have a myriad of uses - for technology, cosmetics, jewellery, laundry.
- Keep colours neutral and accessories bright. A coloured necklace can pretty up a black dress today, while vivid pumps add the colour tomorrow. Acquire clothing as you go - a scarf here, a necklace there - to remind you of your trip.
- Wear your heavy stuff on the flight. Fix on a 'plane outfit' and wear it on both the outward-bound and home journey.
- Pack the clothing you know works for you. It might be several LBD's (little black dresses), or a blazer that gets you the business class upgrade every time.
- Pack light, obviously.
The blog's bottom-line advice: pack what makes you feel good and won't keep you from an adventure!