A travel buddy must sync with your style if you're going to have a good trip, according to Travelzoo.com.au:
- Your buddy should be on the same body clock as you. An early bird and a night owl do not mix.
- Your buddy should be culturally aware. A mini-skirt in the Middle East could be worse than embarrassing; it could be dangerous.
- Your buddy should be as excited about the trip as you. Someone who shrugs their shoulders and says they "don't mind what we do today" is frustrating, not accommodating.
- Your buddy should know how to relax. An appreciation of the value of spontaneity is essential.
- Your buddy should also know how to spend time alone.
- Your buddy should be willing to splash about the same amount of cash as you.
- A buddy who can haggle and read maps is an asset.
Pick a buddy with the same adventure factor as you. You don't want to be pressured into that bungy jump, but you don't want them to hold you back, either!