Our thoughts go out to all those affected by the event that has occurred in Manchester today.
If you are in Manchester and need emergency assistance call us on +61 2 8320 7999 or email us at email@example.com
Local media are advising that 19 people have been killed and 50 people injured in a suspected terrorist attack.
DFAT are advising travellers to avoid the area and follow local instructions. Please stay up to date with the advice issued by DFAT at www.smarttraveller.gov.au
1. Policy Coverage
The below information was issued on Tuesday 23 May 2017 and applies to your travel insurance policy with Fast Cover, underwritten by Hollard.
- For policies issued from 12.01am 21 May 2017 and prior to 7.35am AEDT 23 May 2017 there is provision for cover as set out below under ‘2. How does this affect me?’
- For policies issued after 7.35am AEDT 23 May 2017, there is no cover for any claims arising from this event.
2. How does this affect me?
There is no cover under for any claims that arise due to an act of terrorism for:
- Benefit 5: Trip Cancellation Expenses
- Benefit 16: Travel Delay Expenses
- Benefit 17: Alternate Transport Expenses
There is provision for cover under all other benefits of the policy subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, Benefit exclusions and General Exclusions.
3. Making a claim
- Take reasonable steps to minimise your claim. Contact your airline or Travel provider for assistance if you need to rearrange your travel plans.
- Keep your receipts and any other supporting documentation e.g. medical reports, hospital admission and discharge paperwork.
4. General Advice
For details about what your policy covers, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement. Limits, conditions and exclusions may apply under your policy.
We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance. Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.