Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 travel advisory.
We would first like to extend our deepest sympathy to all those affected by this event.
The following information concerns those affected by Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 on 18 July 2014.
Where to get help
- If you hold concerns for family and friends, please call DFAT’s 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre on + 61 2 6261 3305 from overseas, or within Australia on 1300 555 135 (local call cost).
- We recommend you contact your travel agent or travel provider regarding your available options to alter your trip, if needed.
- Finally, to help Australians avoid difficulties overseas, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) maintains travel advisories for more than 160 destinations overseas via its website www.smartraveller.gov.au DFAT’s travel advice provides accurate, up-to-date information about the risks Australians might face overseas, assisting you to make well-informed decisions about whether, when and where to travel. We recommend that you stay up-to-date with its destination specific travel.
- Limits, conditions and exclusions apply under your policy and for full details you should refer to the Product Disclosure Statement and Certificate of Insurance you received when you purchased your travel insurance. All claims will be assessed in accordance with the circumstances of the claim and all the terms and conditions of your policy.
- We are monitoring the circumstances surrounding Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 closely and continuing to wait for further confirmation on the details surrounding this event.